Hearing My Dad Laugh

So back in the mid-90s, Julie and I sat down with Mom and Dad and chatted about their early life, from Dad's work on the railroad, on through the war years, and up to the time when my oldest brother was born. This is how I learned that Lorin was a "persnickety" kid among other things.

Our intent was to do more interviews but we pretty much wore them out with this session and never really got back to it. I am just grateful we got what we did. Fair warning: The video quality is not great. I am going to try to import it again later and get a cleaner picture but I was able to improve the audio quite a bit so you can hear the voices a lot better than in the original.

So here is 38+ minutes for you to watch when you have the time. I think you'll agree that there really is nothing better than hearing my dad tell a story and laugh at his own jokes on Father's Day. Except maybe for mom laughing at everything but his jokes. :)

Here you go.

0 comments: