Me and T

So here’s my little grandson-in-law (yeah, I know . . . read below) poking his head in and saying “‘Sup?!” this past weekend.


Here are his parents. (This picture is not from the weekend but it captures their essence perfectly. They are not particularly big. But they compensate by being hugely silly.)


Here is their daughter, whipping up some banana bread with her great aunt.


We had a really fun Memorial Day weekend. My niece and her fam came to visit. She has pretty much summed it up on her blog so you can just read that and get the gist. Anyway, my pal Tenzin and I had a blast at the farmer’s market and on the basketball court (I lowered the hoop and helped him dunk a number of times) and at the duck park and at the pool. I guess I’m his great uncle but that really doesn’t begin to cover it, so I tried “super uncle” but that just sounded over the top. I think I’ve settled on “Outlaw Grandpa” since I am his grandma’s brother. That seems to best define the relationship because I've been missing the little dude and his fam ever since they left. As they walked out to their car, Lili yelled, “Hey! Why are you following us?” Truthfully? I was sad to see them leave.

Finally, of course, I took this great picture of us hamming it up. (Julie always try to take the credit for the really good pictures but it’s always all me. Ha ha ha.)

6 comments:

RAZ said...

It looks like you guys had a pretty good time.

C Dub said...

Bring that male kid over and I will give him a haircut...

daisyzombie said...

Uncle Clair- you sound like my dad, he offers to buzz it every time I go over there...

daisyzombie said...

I'd be surprised if Grandpa didn't wear a dress until he was 2 or so. It's ok when they're little and sweet.

C Dub said...

I had to say it because my Dad isn't here to say it...

Rebekah said...

Tenzin's hair is beautiful! The angels will cry if you cut it! You don't want to make the angels cry, do you?