Changing of the Guard

Truth be told, I think of a great pair of well-worn Jordans the same way I feel about my brothers in the military and officers of the peace. They have protected me so well for so long during the worst and best of times, there’s really no way to express the sentiment in words. (Admittedly, these are just shoes and not people in uniform so, obviously, it's not an equal comparison.)

Anyway, today I played in a brand new pair of Jordan Icons, the same shoe Ray Allen (Boston Celtics) is wearing this year (see 'em tonight in the playoffs). My brother raved about their court performance, so I picked up a pair the second they went on sale. They are keepers. So I will take the old guard home and wear them on the church court for a while, then it’s out to the blacktop in the woods by my house. Welcome home, old friends.

5 comments:

RAZ said...

With such big feet, you could probably deodorize your old shoes and rent them out to college kids as studio apartments.

daisyzombie said...

Ok, that made me laugh, Chris.

TM3 said...

No college kids but a lady, a senior citizen, was interested when I posted a vacancy. Strangest thing . . . She was old but the number of children she had . . . I didn't know what to do.

C Dub said...

I still have a pair of Air Jordan I shoes I bought in 1985...Can't throw them out although they are worn out.

Michael Jordan, Michael Walker and I wear the same size shoe.

Yeah, I know.

Lissa said...

I only know one man who could live in a shoe - he has so many shoes he doesn't know what to do! Hmmmm-wonder who that man is? New shoes are nice - I know with my crocs - the newer ones feel much better on my feet than the old rundown ones!
May you run on many courts and make many baskets with your new kicks!