Frog Frenzy

I so enjoyed my thirteen-year-old’s latest English paper, I thought I would share it with all of you:

Every year we go to a family reunion at Alturas Lake in Idaho. One time when I was looking around by the lake I found a swamp filled with tiny frogs. The frogs were small, no larger than your thumb. They looked as most frogs did; some were grey and some were green. They blended in so it was hard to find them in the swamp. Their skin was rubbery and wet but they weren’t as slimy as you’d think.

My cousins and I decided it would be fun to catch some of them. So we went into the swamp and caught a bunch of frogs. We put them all in the bucket and brought it to the lake. They tried to escape from the bucket with their sticky little feet, but when one crawled up, we just poked it down.

Then William, my cousin, shoved the bucket over and shouted, “Be free! Be free!” Then my cousin Davis shouted at him, “William, you’re such an idiot!” The frogs were hopping around and swimming in the lake. The only problem was that the fish in the lake eat frogs. We collected the surviving frogs and decided they needed a place to stay in. So we built a sand fort and put them in it. But then we heard an engine get louder and louder and the waves started to get bigger and bigger.

The boats had loud engines, which were followed by intense waves. Whenever we heard a boat we knew we going to have our fort destroyed. At the end of the day we released the frogs back into the swamp. We had come to the lake with many, but we returned with few.

0 comments: